Community Pre-Vocational Services help people with an intellectual or developmental disability to get ready for the world of work.
Please NOTE: To protect community pre-vocational participants from the health risk posed by COVID-19, this program has been temporarily suspended per a mandate from New York State’s Office for People with Developmental Disabilities.
Highlights of Community Pre-Vocational Services:
- Paid job training at Empties for Empower
- Job readiness/computer class at Niagara University
- Volunteer opportunities in the community
- Identifying work interests
- Assessment of work skills
- Benefits planning
- Work readiness development (appropriate work attitudes, habits and behaviors)
All activities are offered in the most integrated setting appropriate to each individual’s needs.
- Possess an intellectual or developmental disability
- Enrolled in the Home and Community Based Waiver
- Assigned to a Medicaid service coordinator
- Enrolled in Medicaid
- Motivated to work
For more information, please call Empower at (716) 260-1791, or send an email.