Through our Empowered to Work job placement and supported employment program, Empower helps people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, or with mental health diagnoses, to meet their job goals. Through work, people improve their self-esteem and friendships.
Some of the services we provide:
- Development of job opportunities in the community
- Job placement
- Job coaching before, during and after job placement
- On-the-job training and help with integrating into the work setting
Empowered to Work is certified by the NYS Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD), NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH), and Offices of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services (ACCES-VR).
To enroll in the Empowered to Work program, call (716) 299-0851.
For employers who are considering hiring people with disabilities, here are some benefits to your company:
- Attract and retain enthusiastic talent and be rewarded with high productivity and retention rates.
- Develop accessible and inclusive workplaces.
- Enjoy the advantage of pre-screened candidates and on the job training at no cost to your company to meet your labor needs.
- Tax benefits are available for participating in the program without any long-term commitment.
For more information on hiring people with disabilities, please contact Mike Marra, Empowered to Work Job Coordinator, at (716) 299-0851, ext. 402 or email@example.com.