Provides services that assist individuals with an intellectual or developmental disability in developing employment readiness skills.
The goal is to prepare individuals to obtain and retain a job in Supported Employment.
Highlights of Community Pre-Vocational Services:
- Paid job training at Empower’s Redemption Center
- Job readiness/computer class at Niagara University
- Opportunity to volunteer
- Travel training
- Work interest inventories
- Work skills assessment
- Benefits planning instruction
- Work readiness class (appropriate work attitudes, habits and behaviors)
All activities are offered in the most integrated setting appropriate to each individual’s needs.
- Possess an intellectual or developmental disability (neurological impairment, seizure disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Autism)
- Enrolled in the Home and Community Based Waiver
- Assigned to a Medicaid service coordinator
- Enrolled in Medicaid
- Motivated to work
For more information, please call the Empower job training center at (716) 285-5761.