Niagara Children’s Foundation Gerry and Rose Frainier Scholarship
Niagara Children’s Foundation, which is affiliated with Empower, offers scholarships for Empower staff to pursue formal education and professional development.
• Must be a current Empower employee (full-time or part-time)
• Must have worked for Empower for a full-time equivalent of two years (approximately 3,000 hours)
• Funds are awarded as the Foundation’s funding allows. There is no guarantee of approval.
For College Tuition
Scholarships may be used for graduate, undergraduate, or junior college course tuition at an accredited institution. If approved for a scholarship, the employee pays the tuition and then applies for reimbursement from the Foundation.
The following requirements apply:
• Recipients must remain working for Empower for a period of time equivalent to the time spent in the educational program being paid for. (Example: if your scholarship covers a four-month semester, you are expected to remain working for Empower at least four months after the semester ends.)
• Recipients must successfully complete the course(s) and receive a passing grade, if applicable. Appropriate documentation to verify the successful completion must be provided to the Executive Director as soon as possible so the scholarship award can be paid to the employee.
For Professional Development
The Foundation offers scholarship to cover or help to defray the cost of professional development workshops, seminars and conferences for Empower employees. The Foundation has a special interest in funding technology-related learning opportunities for employees.
How to Apply
• The employee obtains an application from Human Resources or downloads it here: Download .PDF -OR- Download .DOC
• The employee completes an application and submits it to his/her division director
• The division director will forward the completed application with his/her recommendation to the executive director
• The executive director will present the application to the Foundation board, which meets quarterly
• The board will make the final decision about which requests will be funded, and for what amount
Contact Executive Director Jeff Paterson at 716-297-0798 or firstname.lastname@example.org